Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Present Continuous/Present Progressive-Definition, Structure, Examples & Usages.

Present Continuous/Present Progressive: The tense that indicates any continuous task is called Present Continuous/Present Progressive Tense.

Structure : Subject + am/is/are + ing with Verb + Object.


Examples: 
(i)    Let’s go out. It isn’t raining now.
(ii)   I am getting hungry. Let’s go and eat.
(iii)  She is singing now.
(vi)   I am reading at this moment.

Note:

1. I + am.
2.3rd Person Singular + is.
3. Plural + are.


1. I am reading book.
2. He/She/It/Raja is reading book.
3. We/You/They are reading book.

Usages of Present Continuous Tense:

1. Near future:
(i)    I am going to the cinema tonight.
(ii)   My uncle is arriving tomorrow.
(iii)  She is going to Dhaka tomorrow.

2. The Sentence containing 'now, at this/the moment, at present, day by day, increasingly, rapidly' etc.
(i)    The number of users of car is increasing day by day.
(ii)   Lutfor is working in a factory now.
(iii)  It is becoming increasingly difficult to find suitable locations to get rid of all the refuse.

You might need:
  1. Essay on My College/ The College You Read In.
  2. My Favorite Author/ The Author I Like Best
  3. My Favorite Bangladeshi Food
  4. My Favorite Personality
  5. My Favorite Poet/The Poet I Like Best
  6. My Favorite Singer
  7. My Favorite Sport Person
  8. My Favorite Sport/Game
  9. My Favorite TV Programme
  10. My Favorite Teacher/The Person I like Most
  11. My Playmate

1 comment:

  1. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. https://essaydevils.com/grabmyessay-review

    ReplyDelete